- The Cote chant started during TUF 4 by Matt Serra and now everywhere I fight people sing that song!
- When I fought Tito Ortiz, during my prefight interview, I said that Tito was an easy target because of his big chin and he looked like Jay Leno.
- When I fought Joe Doerksen, I was winning the fight until I made a mistake in the 3rd round. But Doerksen doesn’t remember anything from this fight; I knocked out him 3 times in the fight. Even today Joe still doesn’t remember anything from that night. That’s one tough dude.
- In 2004 I fought Tito Ortiz, at this time he was one of my idols. A year and a half before that I had named my dog Tito because he was a blond Golden Retriver. Like I said, it was a little crazy to fight the guy who was on my screen saver!
- I started my martial arts training in the Canadian Army, where I also took up boxing and subsequently added kickboxing and wrestling to my repertoire.
Pat CÔté'S TWEETS
FIND PAT ON FACEBOOK